Top of page
Global Site Navigation

Student Intranet - My Studies

Local Section Navigation
You are here: Main Content

Financial assistance

Students thinking about overseas study but concerned about whether they can afford it can seek financial assistance through loans, grants or scholarships.


OS-HELP is an Australian Government loan scheme that helps eligible students undertake some of their study overseas. OS-HELP can be used for a range of expenses  associated with the overseas study, such as airfares, accommodation and other travel or study expenses. As a student, you may receive one OS-HELP loan for a six-month study period and you can access a total of two OS-HELP loans over your lifetime.

OS-HELP loans are administered through ECU on behalf of the Australian Government.

Other funding

There is a range of funding sources that you may be eligible for to assist you going on exchange. Most of the scholarships/grants (excluding the OS-HELP loan) do not need to be applied for. If you are applying for exchange to a particular country or partner where funding is available you will be automatically considered.

Please note: The Australian Government grants are administered through ECU, and any enquiries about these grants should be directed to the Student Hub (not the partner institution).

Centrelink payments

If you currently receive Centrelink payments, you may be able to continue to do so while you are on exchange. You may also be eligible for Rental Assistance so make sure you enquire at Centrelink before departing for your exchange.

Skip to top of page