Top of page
Global Site Navigation

Student Intranet - My Studies

Local Section Navigation
You are here: Main Content

Obtaining your certificate

In order to receive your testamur, regardless of whether or not you will be attending a graduation ceremony, you must complete the online graduation invitation.

Name on testamur

The testamur on which your degree is printed will have the name and course as it appears on your electronic graduation invitation.

If you have changed your name, copies of relevant documentation must be provided to the Student Hub immediately. e.g. marriage certificate, passport.

Change of name requests subsequent to responding to your graduation invitation must be directed to the Student Records Office immediately. A fee of $50 is applicable in some instances. The graduation name can only be changed on the testamur prior to issue.

If it is the custom in your country to write your name in a different sequence, for example Chan, Ping Ping and you wish your name to appear like this on your testamur, please ensure that you have amended your name order on your invitation. If you do not tell us to do this we will print your testamur with your family name/surname last - Ping Ping Chan.

Testamur collection

If you are unable to attend the graduation ceremony and receive your testamur, it will be available for collection 3 working days after the ceremony from the Student Records Office.

Please telephone on the day before you intend to collect your testamur, to ensure it is ready for collection. PHOTO ID is required.

If you are unable to collect your testamur, another person may collect it on your behalf, provided they bring a letter of authority signed by you and an item of ID bearing your signature for comparison purposes. The other person's name must be mentioned in the letter and the ID in that name will have to be sighted.

Postage of testamurs

If you have indicated on the online invitation that your testamur be posted to you, it will be sent by registered mail within approximately 10 working days after the graduation ceremony.

You may need to change ECU's official records of your personal details.

Skip to top of page