Top of page
Global Site Navigation

Student Intranet - Support

Local Section Navigation
You are here: Main Content

Student ID cards

All ECU students are required to have an ECU student ID card, which not only identifies you but gives you access to a range of services that support your study, including:

Where to get a student ID card?

You can get your student ID card from any of our eLab counters on campus, where your photo will be taken and your card will be produced while you wait.

If you are off-campus you need to complete the application for a student ID card and submit it with a passport sizes photo of yourself as directed on the form.

What happens next?

Your ID card is automatically activated however it can take up to an hour for the building and room access to take effect. Your access is granted based on your course enrollment however if you need access to areas you don't currently have access to, contact the Access Card team to request access.

The SmartRider may take up to 48 hours to activate—you can check the status at and SmartRider kiosk. Visit the Transperth Tertiary SmartRider website to see if you are eligible for a student concession. For more information about the SmartRider card including transferring credit from another card contact Transperth on 13 62 13.

How to get a replacement card?

There are number of reasons why you may need a new card including if you have changed you name or course, your card is faulty—but not physically damaged, it has expired or has been stolen and you have reported it to the Police.

You are entitled to a free replacement card for any of the above reasons; all you have to do is visit an eLab on campus to get your new card. If replacing a stolen card don’t forget the police report number.

If you have lost your student ID card or you are replacing it for reason not listed above? You will need to pay the $20 replacement fee at the bookshop, Student Central or via Online Payments, and bring the receipt to the eLab to have a new card printed.

You must report lost or stolen cards to ECU Security as soon as possible to prevent unauthorised access to ECU buildings and don't forget to report the loss of the SmartRider to Transperth to keep the remaining balance safe.

Support and advice

If you would like more information or wish to lodge a request or report an incident, please contact the IT Service Desk.

Skip to top of page