Top of page
Global Site Navigation

Student Intranet - Support

Local Section Navigation
You are here: Main Content

How do I report sexual assault or sexual harassment?

At ECU we are committed to providing a safe and respectful learning and working environment for staff and students. If you or someone you know needs to report a concern, we are here to help. ECU will respond to all reports of inappropriate or threatening behaviour, and offer support.

Reporting at ECU

ECU encourages you to report any incident of sexual assault or sexual harassment that you experience or witness on ECU campuses or at any ECU activities. You can remain anonymous.

To report:

  • call ECU Security on (08) 6304 2282 - all hours; or
  • complete our online form.

What will happen if I make a report at ECU?

Your report will be escalated to a senior member of ECU staff as soon as possible.

They will:

  • attempt to contact you as soon as they receive the report
  • ask how you wish to be contacted for continued discussion of your situation and arrange any support you may need, including counselling, medical appointments, or rehousing
  • ask what outcome you are seeking from your report.

If you wish to report to the WA Police, ECU will help you make this report. You may also choose to report under ECU Rules for an internal investigation.

Note: If you choose both processes, ECU will work in conjunction with the WA Police to ensure this can be accommodated. You may also choose no action be taken other than ECU providing appropriate support.

Reporting outside ECU

The following services are available 24 hours, seven days a week:

  • Call WA Police on 131 444 (non-emergency call) or you can go to your local police station to make a report.
  • Call the Sexual Assault Resource Centre (SARC) on (08) 6458 1828 or 1800 199 888 (free from landlines). SARC provides an emergency counselling and medical service in metropolitan Perth. It is a free, confidential service and is not part of the police; however SARC will support your decision to involve the police.

Please let someone at ECU know you have made a report so we can support you.

Skip to top of page