Top of page
Global Site Navigation

Student Intranet - My Studies

Local Section Navigation
You are here: Main Content

Study abroad and exchange

As a Study Abroad or Exchange student, you can study for one or two semesters at Edith Cowan University as part of your degree in your home university. Study Abroad and Exchange has many great benefits:

  • It allows you to travel while studying
  • It widens your horizons intellectually, socially and culturally
  • It challenges your intellect and provides the opportunities for personal growth
  • It improves your future employment options
  • It looks great on your résumé!

By gaining prior approval from your home university, the study you complete at ECU may be credited back to your degree at home, so with careful planning you should be able to graduate on time.

See our Study Abroad/Exchange brochures for more information.

Exchange students

If your home university has an Exchange agreement with ECU, you can apply through your university for admission as an exchange student. You would then continue to pay tuition fees to your home institution while on exchange and you would not pay any tuition fees to ECU. To become an ECU exchange student you need to apply through your home institution's International or Exchange Office.

Study abroad students

If your university does not have an Exchange agreement with ECU, you will need to apply as a study abroad student. Your university may have a Study Abroad representative who can assist with your application, or otherwise you can apply directly to ECU or through an ECU representative.

Study abroad students pay a flat tuition fee per semester to ECU which is subject to annual change. This fee allows you to enrol in a full-time load of up to 60 credit points/semester.

Please note certain units may encompass additional fees (e.g. field trips, specific lab needs, etc).

Study Abroad/Exchange inbound guides

Skip to top of page