As stated in the Faculty of Computing, Health and Science policy:
- You will receive instruction and demonstration in the safety policies and procedures of the Faculty related to any laboratory activities in which you will be participating.
- You will be provided with handouts detailing these safety policies and procedures, which are relevant to laboratory activities that you will perform.
- You are required to sign an acknowledgement that you have received the above information and received appropriate instruction and demonstration, and that you understand, and will adhere to, the detailed procedures and policies.
- The above must be completed before you commence any laboratory work.
- Handout 2 – Student responsibilities (PDF File, 119.7 KB)
- Handout 1 – Policy on Safety – School of Exercise, Biomedical and Health Sciences (PDF File, 125.3 KB)
- Handout 1 – Policy on Safety – Nursing Demonstration Wards. (PDF File, 122.3 KB)
- Handout 1 – Policy on Safety (PDF File, 123.9 KB)
- Induction acknowledgement (PDF File, 46.5 KB)
Risk Management – School of Natural Sciences
It is essential that all students within studying within the School of Natural Sciences read the following resources relating to risk management, risk assessment and duty of care. These resources have been prepared to ensure your safety, and the safety of others in the laboratory and in the field.
Prior to commencing any field or laboratory work you will need to submit a working Risk management Plan. Pilot plans can be built upon to develop a more comprehensive plan for submission with your proposal.
- Duty of Care negligence risk assessment and risk management (PDF File, 216.6 KB)
- Information sheets and questions (PDF File, 338.7 KB)
- Access to Australian Standards through ECU Library (PDF File, 119.9 KB)
- Example 1 - Plan for the field and laboratory work (PDF File, 189.7 KB)
- Example 2 - Appendix 1 - Handling and storage of infectious materials (PDF File, 153.9 KB)
- Example 2 - Appendix 2 - Transport and handling of pathology specimens (PDF File, 63.0 KB)
- Example 3 - Appendix - Completed laboratory induction checklist (PDF File, 1.6 KB)
- Example 4 - Appendix 1 - Briefing sheet (PDF File, 87.0 KB)
- Example 4 - Appendix 2 - Emergency contacts (PDF File, 16.3 KB)
- Example 4 - Appendix 3 - Snorkel evaluation sheet – open waters. (PDF File, 116.8 KB)
- Example 4 - Appendix 4 - Diver registration form (PDF File, 93.6 KB)