Written communication advice
The Marketing and Communications Services Centre provides guidance to staff about written communication within ECU. This includes news stories on ECU Matters, internal newsletters and web content via the Staff Portal and other channels.
Corporate writing guides
The Corporate Communications team has produced a number of guides to assist you in preparing communications (refer to Downloads):
- ECU Corporate Writing Guide (for correspondence, web and promotional material);
- Writing for ECU Leaders (an overview to help you submit papers, letters or briefing notes to our Executive or ECU committees); and
- Key Messages (a set of positive messages about ECU for use in speeches, presentations and other communications).
Words and pictures
If you’re working on an internal publication you can also seek assistance from the team with:
- copy editing of your first draft;
- correct use of the ECU logo;
- sourcing images from the ECU library; and
- the loan of a camera or referral to a professional photographer.
See the Sourcing images and Photography needs web pages for more information.