The Finance and Business Services Centre manages the relationships with ECU’s travel service providers and supports our Travel Approval System.
If you’re planning ECU-related travel, please read our Travel Policy, in particular the sections mentioned below.
Approval must be obtained before you travel (Policy Section 7.1)
- International travellers please:
- check the Australian Government Smartraveller website for International Travel Status by Country;
- complete a Travel Approval through the University's online Travel Approval System; and
- see the person responsible for booking travel in your faculty or centre.
- Domestic travellers should simply see the person who is responsible for booking travel in your faculty or centre.
- Pleaseuse the ECU-preferred supplier for all ECU business travel (Sections 6.1, 7.2, and 7.6)
- Please use a Corporate Credit Card (Sections 6.2, 6.3, and 7.9)
- Please use a Travel Diary (Section 7.10) and complete it for every night you are away for six (6) or more nights.
Preferred travel suppliers
ECU’s preferred travel suppliers include World Travel Professionals for air travel, accommodation and car hire.
Budget and Thrifty are also on our current list of suppliers, for the full list please see our preferred supplier web page.
For information regarding travel policies, extent of cover, and claims assistance, please refer to the Risk & Assurance Services Centre’s Insurance page – see link under the See Also section to the right.
Please refer to the following pages for up to-date information regarding:
ECU Travel Administrator
Telephone: (061 8) 6304 2546