Top of page
Global Site Navigation

Strategic and Governance Services

Local Section Navigation
You are here: Main Content

Motor Vehicle Insurance

ECU provides insurance cover only for vehicles maintained in the University’s fleet. This cover does not extend to privately owned vehicles, even if they are being used for university travel, or hired vehicles.

Any vehicle hired by staff or students for business purposes must be obtained in accordance with ECU’s vehicle hiring policy, which can be found at the Finance and Business Services Preferred Supplier web pages. If you hire a vehicle you must take out the insurance cover through the hire company.

Vehicles hired by our staff or students in Australia, for ECU business, should only be hired from ECU preferred suppliers.

Skip to top of page