Top of page
Global Site Navigation

Strategic and Governance Services

Local Section Navigation
You are here: Main Content


Any circumstances, incidents or accidents, which may result in a loss, must be reported to ECU insurance as soon as possible. Where a loss may result in a claim being made against ECU's insurance policies, notification is required immediately so that ECU's insurers can assess any claims. Any delay in advising of a claim could prejudice ECU's rights under the relevant insurance policies.

Please remember, if your situation is urgent and you require assistance, please contact:

  • Campus Security 6304 3333 (or 3333 when dialing from an internal phone)
  • Emergency Services (Fire, Police, Ambulance) on 000
  • Police communications on 131 444

An incident report will also need to be lodged online using the reporting an incident webpage. 

Property Claims

If ECU property has been damaged, lost or stolen, please email as soon as possible. ECU recommends that you take photographs immediately of any damage that has occurred. In the event that there has been theft or malicious damage, a police report will be required.

*Note that an excess may apply to property claims made.


ECU Staff or Students involved in any situation that may result in a liability claim should contact as soon as possible. This includes any matters involving Research Participants.

*Note that an excess may apply to liability claims made.

Personal Injury

For injury to students (including students on practicum, work experience, internships or placement activities), volunteers or the general public, please contact

An incident report will also need to be lodged online using the reporting an incident webpage.

Student/Volunteer/Research Participant claims will require an Attending Physicians Statement to be completed and included as part of the claim submission.  A copy of this form is available for download.

For injury to staff, including sessional or casual staff, please contact the Work Health, Safety and Wellness Team.

*Note that Personal Injury insurance no longer covers Medicare "gap" expenses and an excess of $50 applies to all non-Medicare medical expenses claims.

Motor Vehicle

If an ECU vehicle is damaged or involved in an accident, please take photographs of any damage and contact Facilities and Services immediately. Please refer to the Accident Management Process.

You may also be required to report the accident to WA Police.

An accident claim form will also need to be completed.

Travel Insurance

For urgent assistance whilst overseas, please contact AIG Travel Guard "Smart Protect" on +61 3 9522 4766 (24 hours a day, 7 days a week – reverse charge).

If calling from within Australia, dial 1800 003 813 or within USA, dial 1-866-814-3375

If you are not able to call the assistance number, please send an email request for an immediate call back.  Be sure to provide your contact number including the country name and area code.


Subject: Immediate call back required to <your name>

Please advise Travel Guard that you are a student or staff member of ECU and provide the policy number.

If seeking medical care in the USA, please show your Travel Guard card, or provide insurer details to your provider and enquire if they are a member of the United Health Group.

If you wish to make a claim against an ECU travel insurance policy, you can lodge your claim directly with AIG via their online submission website

*Note that some sections of the travel insurance policy are subject to an excess.

Any Other Claims

If you require any other claim support, please  email the insurance team or call (08) 6304 2824.

Skip to top of page