The Marketing and Communications Services Centre plays a leading role in identifying opportunities to promote ECU to prospective students and other stakeholders via online channels and social media strategies.
Our Digital Marketing team has specific responsibility for managing ECU’s social media presence for future students via:
- youtube.com/edithcowanuniversity; and
We provide advice and leadership on social media policy, including chairing ECU’s Social Media Working Group.
We're also responsible for managing and advertising the prospective student websites, www.reachyourpotential.com.au and www.ecu.edu.au/degrees, and the social circle website.
Contact the team if you have questions about new pages, or you're contemplating using social media to reach a target audience.
Social media presence - things to consider
- Do you have a clearly defined mission and goal?
- Do you have a content strategy?
- Do you believe your target audience is present in the channel in sufficient numbers to warrant a presence; can you substantiate this claim?
- Do you wish to broadcast a message? If so, can it be distributed through any of our existing channels?
- Can you ensure that all queries are responded to within 24 hours (preferably 12) on a regular working day?
- Can you commit at least 15 minutes per day to monitoring and evaluation?
- Can you ensure that any queries that cannot be answered by your team are promptly forwarded to the appropriate department/team?
- Are you able to set a roster for monitoring your presence, including the provision of a backup administrator should the assigned administrator be ill/absent/unable to fulfil their duties?
- Do you agree to abide by the social media policy guidelines on how to respond to any negative feedback?
If you can answer “yes” to most of these questions, please contact our Social Media Analyst on 6304 2371 to discuss further.