Top of page
Global Site Navigation

For Research Students - Research journey

Local Section Navigation
You are here: Main Content

Support services and resources

In addition to your supervisor, there are several sources of assistance should you need it during your postgraduate research degree. It’s important that you seek support and advice to attempt to resolve issues that may be affecting your research progress as quickly as possible.

Postgraduate Research Training policy

This policy outlines the levels of support to be provided to higher degree by research candidates.

Research staff support

There are many dedicated staff members who can provide advice and support on academic and administrative issues related to postgraduate research. They include:

  • HDR Communication Advisers;
  • Research Services;
  • Specialist librarians;
  • Graduate Research Services; and
  • Student Administration – Admissions, Scholarships.

For more information visit the Research Support Staff web page.

Postgraduate student support funds

You may claim assistance towards expenses relating to consumables, services and travel that have been incurred directly and solely in the course of research, or in presenting research findings at a conference. For specific details, please refer to your School's staff supporting research students.

School of Arts and Humanities
Belinda Rogers
Telephone: (61 8)  08 6304 5626
School of Arts and Humanities Funding Allowance Guidelines

School of Business and Law
Alina Yasakova
Telephone: (61 8) 6304 3923

School of Education
School Officers Team
School of Education Funding Allowance Guidelines

School of Engineering
Audrey Gan
Telephone: (61 8) 6304 5927

School of Medical and Health Sciences
Jenni Dunn
Telephone: (61 8)  6304 5483

School of Nursing and Midwifery
Emy Krapeshlis
Telephone: (61 8) 6304 2856

School of Science
Yvonne Garwood
Telephone: (61 8)  6304 5686

Western Australian Academy of Performing Arts
Sally Hyslop
Telephone: (61 8)  6304 6980

For more information about fees, loans, Centrelink and scholarships visit the Money Matters web page.

Student support services

ECU provides other support services to students, including:

  • Counselling;
  • Student Central;
  • Student health;
  • Student Equity, Diversity and Disability Service;
  • Student Connect;
  • Careers and jobs;
  • IT support; and
  • Off campus support.

For more information visit the Student Support web page.

International students

The International students’ website provides useful information for international students, including:

  • Living and studying in Perth;
  • Visa information;
  • Accommodation; and
  • Advice on adjusting to a new culture.

For more information visit the International web page.

Campus facilities

ECU has many facilities on campus, including:

  • Bookshop;
  • Cafes;
  • Brewery;
  • Multifaith office;
  • Security;
  • Sport & Fitness;
  • Parking; and
  • Bicycle storage.

For more information visit the Campus life web page.

Skip to top of page