Style guide and templates
ECU has developed a distinctive brand that includes a recognisable logo and the use of specific colours, fonts and layouts for our online and offline publications.
For consistency and professionalism it’s important that everything we produce reflects the ECU brand and style.
All promotional material must undergo a standard quality style check to ensure it meets our corporate style guidelines before being printed or published.
Wherever possible, you should work with your Marketing Account Manager in producing material.
There are two colour palettes that make up the ECU look. The first palette contains four pre-determined corporate colours which form the ECU logo.
An additional colouring system has been developed to assist in identification of individual faculties.
All ECU marketing, promotional and advertising materials should be designed and produced using the typeface Arial or Houschka*.
As a general guideline, Houschka Light*, Houschka Demibold* and Arial regular are used for body copy and sub- headings, while Houschka Bold and Arial Bold are used for headings and headlines.
Italic versions of the font family may be used where needed. It’s also preferable to use black copy on light backgrounds where possible. Where white type is used, it must be large/bold enough with a good contrast to the background.
Examples of our fonts can be found in the corporate style guide.
*Please note that these fonts are licensed and you may have to purchase a copy of the license. Speak to your designated Account Manager about this.
How to use the logo
To ensure the consistency and strength of the ECU brand, there are rules about the use of the ECU logo:
- It must not be distorted, manipulated or re-created in any way;
- When re-sizing, the proportions must be constrained;
- It can’t be smaller than 25mm width/18mm high and not exceed 30% of the space where it’s applied;
- It must appear on the front of all documents;
- It should generally always be placed in the top right hand corner of documents;
- A second option is to place it in the bottom right hand corner; and
- The traditional ECU crest logo is NOT to be used as the primary logo (it can only be used as a formal ‘stamp’ and on legal documents or University parchments.
- The Marketing Manager must approve all uses of the logo – including promotional items (giveaways), uniforms, publications, websites, etc.
Specialist applications that require the logo to be smaller or larger than stated must be approved by the Corporate Marketing Office. Please speak to your designated Account Manager about this.
When printed in process colour, the promotional logo features the following CMYK mixes:
Blue CMYK C:100 M:56 Y:0 K:34
Red CMYK C:0 M:91 Y:73 K:23.5
Yellow CMYK C:0 M:23.5 Y:76 K:0
When printed in spot colour, the promotional logo features the following Pantone colours:
Blue: Pantone Spot Colour 295
Red: Pantone Spot Colour 187
Yellow: Pantone Spot Colour 142
Copies of the logo
Please specify in your email what the logo will be used for. A condition of use of the logo is that the Marketing Manager approves all artwork prior to publication.
Templates for in-house printing
A range of templates are available should you wish to produce simple documents and flyers in-house.
Basic templates have been created in both A4 and A3, portrait and landscape layouts. There are also three flyer templates with image placement suggestions.
Apart from flyers, you can also download templates for:
General document templates
Flyer templates corporate
- Corporate blue (ZIP File, 4.88 mb)
- Corporate grey (ZIP File, 2.44 mb)
- Corporate mono (ZIP File, 462.13 kb)
- Corporate red (ZIP File, 4.88 mb)
- Corporate yellow (ZIP File, 4.88 mb)
Flyer templates faculty
- Faculty of Business and Law (ZIP File, 4.88 mb)
- Faculty of Computing Health and Science (ZIP File, 4.87 mb)
- Faculty of Education and Arts (ZIP File, 4.88 mb)
Flyer templates school
Flyer templates other
- Plain (DOC File, 137.00 kb)
- Chancellery (DOC File, 1.32 mb)
- Lake (DOC File, 1.59 mb)
- Mount Lawley (DOC File, 898.50 kb)
- Students (DOC File, 1.14 mb)
- Female students (DOC File, 900.50 kb)
- Students outside chancellery building (DOC File, 1.12 mb)
- Students outside library (DOC File, 1.01 mb)
- kurongkurl Katitjin building (DOC File, 942.00 kb)
- Facsimile (DOC File, 205.00 kb)
- Letterhead Joondalup Campus (DOC File, 63.00 kb)
- Letterhead Mount Lawley Campus (DOC File, 64.50 kb)
- Letterhead South West Campus (DOC File, 63.50 kb)
- Memorandum mono (DOC File, 202.00 kb)
- Memorandum (DOC File, 151.50 kb)
Name badge labels
- Avery L7418 Lables (DOC File, 36.00 kb)
Campus maps for events
PowerPoint presentations template 1
- Template 1 blue (PPT File, 125.00 kb)
- Template 1 grey (PPT File, 128.00 kb)
- Template 1 red (PPT File, 128.00 kb)
- Template 1 yellow (PPT File, 128.00 kb)
- Template 1 plain (PPT File, 125.50 kb)
PowerPoint presentations template 2
- Template 2 blue (PPT File, 143.50 kb)
- Template 2 grey (PPT File, 138.00 kb)
- Template 2 red (PPT File, 143.50 kb)
- Template 2 yellow (PPT File, 140.50 kb)
- Template 2 plain (PPT File, 143.50 kb)
PowerPoint presentations template 3
- Template 3 blue (PPT File, 139.50 kb)
- Template 3 grey (PPT File, 142.50 kb)
- Template 3 red (PPT File, 142.00 kb)
- Template 3 yellow (PPT File, 139.00 kb)
- Template 3 plain (PPT File, 144.50 kb)
PowerPoint presentations template 4
- Template 4 blue (PPT File, 159.00 kb)
- Template 4 grey (PPT File, 159.00 kb)
- Template 4 red (PPT File, 158.50 kb)
- Template 4 yellow (PPT File, 158.50 kb)
- Template 4 print (PPT File, 154.00 kb)
PowerPoint presentations template 5
- Template 5 plain (PPT File, 50.00 kb)