Media enquiries and public relations
The Marketing and Communications Services Centre is ECU's primary contact point for any communications involving the media.
The Corporate Communications team has responsibility for:
- official ECU responses to media enquiries;
- publicising ECU-related research, achievements or news to the media;
- producing and managing ECU key messages for inclusion in communications; and
- crisis management communications.
Support for faculties, centres and the executive
The Corporate Communications team can assist you with:
- media advice, strategy and training;
- media liaison;
- preparation of press releases to promote research or other achievements;
- advice on photography* and imagery to support communications;
- preparation of crisis communications; and
- advice in response to social media posts via ECU's Facebook and Twitter accounts.
If you’ve been contacted direct by a journalist for comment, it can be useful to let the Corporate Communications Team know. We can provide advice on giving interviews, background on the journalist/media outlet and assist with arranging car parking and chaperoning media on campus.
Tell us your story
We’re always looking for stories about staff or student research and achievements, either inside or outside ECU.
Positive news is provided to the media and other stakeholders through press releases and internal communication channels like our website and ECU Matters.
Stories can lead to increased publicity and raise awareness about important issues. They can also result in financial assistance/grants, creative collaborations and even student recruitment.
Don’t be shy! Contact us to discuss your story (we need 2 weeks lead time prior to publishing).
*ECU does not employ a professional photographer. The Corporate Communications team can lend you a digital camera or recommend professionals. See our Photography needs page for more information.