ECU placement staff and associated internal staff will need to download and install:
- Sonia client
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.7.2 on their desktop.
You will need to contact your School Senior Placement Support Officer to request a login account. Alternatively you may email email@example.com with details of the Sonia discipline you require access to.
Once your Sonia account is granted you will be able to login using your existing Staff Portal credentials.
Please note the Sonia client will require an MS Windows operating system.
Two client install options available for Sonia:
Test Environment: Populated with fictional students and is a safe environment to practice and trial features.
Production Environment: Live to ECU students in a placement program.
Please note Sonia 2018, Q4 requires Microsoft .NET Framework 4.7.2 which is available in the Software Centre (you would most likely currently be on a prior version so will need to update). This framework is also compatible with the current version of Sonia, so please download this from the Software Centre.
- To download go to the windows start menu and type software. The ‘Software Centre’ should appear in the menu.
- Open the Software Centre and in the search bar at the top right search for framework
- Double click on ‘Microsoft .NET Framework 4.7.2’ (purple icon) to begin install.
- Note once installed you will need to restart your computer before using Sonia QA.