What is MindMeister?
MindMeister is brainstorming software for all ECU staff and students that allows you to easily plan out your thoughts as a mindmap - very handy for essay writing, brainstorming and really any task where organising information is important. MindMeister:
- is free for all ECU Students and Staff to use,
- runs entirely in your web browser and doesn't require any software downloads/installs,
- very easy-to-use
- includes a collaborative mode and history-log that is suited to having students work together on graded pieces
- runs and displays nicely on mobile devices (and in fact has it's own phone apps on iTunes and the Google Play store)
To activate your Mindmeister account follow this link. Important: Sign up with your ECU student or staff email address.
MindMeister Academy training courses
To learn the full capabilities of MindMeister please check out their 4-part tutorial series:
- Fundamentals. In this first course, you will learn how to draw, read and effectively work with mind maps.
- Features. Here you will learn about the many functions of MindMeister and how to use them.
- Use Cases. This tutorial features detailed examples of mind mapping in different areas, providing you with practical tips and how-tos.
- Best Practices. In here you will find out how to get the most out of MindMeister and learn how to get really productive with our tool.
To practice what you learn in this course you can use MindMeister's free demo mind map or draw your mind maps by hand. All you need for the latter are a few different colored pens and blank paper.