ECU has adopted a brand new Virtual Classroom software, Blackboard Collaborate Ultra. It will completely replace our existing use of Adobe Connect by the end of Semester 2, 2018.
Blackboard Collaborate Ultra is a clean, modern and intuitive platform that allows you to lead virtual classrooms, online office hours, tutorials and mentoring sessions and much more.
Some of the main highlights Blackboard Collaborate Ultra:
- Browser-based web conferencing: With quick startup and intuitive workflows, you and your students are free to focus on interaction and engagement, rather than the technology.
- High-quality audio and video: Engage learners with HD audio, video, and webcam support. You can display up to 5 HD videos at once, with dynamic adjustment for your students Internet connection speed.
- Quick and easy file and application sharing: Share files with drag-and-drop ease. Share your entire screen or a specific application - for example, your web browser, a Word document, and more.
- Technology-enhanced learning goes mobile: Record sessions in a mobile-friendly format, perfect for technology enhanced lessons. Captured video, audio, and shared content can be played back as streamed MP4 files.
- Breakout Groups: Experience a face-to-face collaborative environment while in breakout groups with the ability to share files and whiteboard together.
- Polling: Interact with students and get real time feedback with polling. Set up a poll where participants can choose either yes or no or use up to 5 multiple choices.
- Classroom chat: Instant, convenient chat with all participants promotes participation, but can be disabled as needed.
Resources, Support & Training