Survey Services provide an efficient service for lecturers who wish to use MCQ as part of their unit's assessment strategy either for mid-semester tests, or as part of a final exam.
MCQ/exams/tests are scanned and processed by Survey Services using Remark V4 scanning software and Opscan 8 Optical Readers/Scanners.
After much consultation, we have produced a new version of
the MCQ form which we hope will reduce student errors, as the layout has been
modified and instructions are clearly stated on the front of the form. We intend
to retire the old version of the form prior to the end of semester exams (152). The Assessments Office has been supplied with the new form and this will be in
place for the centrally run end of semester exams.
- Answer sheets for in class exams can now be obtained directly from your School Officer or from Survey Services (please see contact details below).
- Please do not write anything
near the black cornerstones on the answer sheet, cornerstones can be found at the top and sides of
the form, as these markings identify the form to the scanner.
- Please ensure your answer key and student answer sheets are on the same version of the form
- Please do not send exam papers via internal mail. Exam papers should be sent through courier, registered mail or delivered personally.
- Bookings are essential in order for us to manage our workflow.
- Exam papers delivered without bookings will be processed as a low priority.
- Answer keys should be fully filled out prior to arriving for your appointment. These must be on an original MCQ form, as the scanner cannot read photocopies.
Guidelines & procedures for academic staff requesting scanning of their students MCQ computer sheets