Overview and objectives
It has now been 12 months since commencing the implementation of the One University - Students First initiative. In that time a wide range of changes have been introduced to the way in which we work, particularly in the areas of Finance, Research Administration, International and Services to Students.
As a university that continually strives to improve the experience for our students and staff, ECU is now evaluating the outcomes of One University - Students First and would value your input.
The key objectives of this evaluation are to:
- Identify on-going opportunities for improvement stemming from the One University initiative;
- Realise the benefits of the changes that were implemented to service delivery; and
- Encourage an individual proactive commitment in identifying improvements.
The evaluation will use a range of mechanisms to gather feedback, and enable staff and students to have their say. These include:
- Focus group workshops;
- Direct feedback to your line manager or to steering committee members;
- One-on-one meetings with a representative of the steering committee;
- Emails via OneUniversity@ecu.edu.au; and
- The One University - Students First Evaluation blog
In addition, the results and comments from the 2010 Staff Survey and the 2011 Student Services and Facilities Feedback Evaluation will also be reviewed as part of this exercise.
Key points of contact
A steering committee has been established for the Evaluation. Refer to the Steering committee documents for the Committee’s terms of reference and for the list of committee members.
For further information please contact:
Professor Arshad Omari
Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Academic)
Director, Human Resources Service Centre
Alternatively, you may also contact a member of the steering committee.