ECU travellers are permitted to use Uber for work related business travel with the preferred method of payment being via ECU's 'Uber for Business Account’. The 'ECU Uber for Business Account' allows approved travellers to charge their business travel directly to ECU, with no need to present a credit card or collect receipts.
What is Uber?
- Uber is a global transportation option that matches drivers and riders via its smartphone application.
What is Uber for Business?
- Provides all the features of the standard Uber transportation service with on-demand rides available both domestically and internationally.
- Approved ECU travellers will be provided with access to ECU’s business profile within their standard Uber App and select that profile when travelling on ECU business.
- Employees will be able to schedule their Uber ride up to 30 days in advance.
- The cost of the travel will be charged back to ECU, no need to present a credit card or collect a receipt.
- The University will receive a monthly invoice of the charges and an itemised list of the users and journey details.
- When expensing trips through the ECU business profile, the account admin of the ECU business account will be able to see the date, time, location’s, fare price and product data linked to the trip. They will not be able to see any information, data or payment details linked to your personal trips.
How Do I Request Access to the ECU Uber for Business Account?
- All requests for access to the 'ECU Uber for Business Account' are to be made via the ‘ECU Uber for Business Account Request Form’ in the FBSC Forms Kiosk with approval to be provided by the relevant Line Manager.
- Once you have been added to ECU’s account, you will receive an ‘Email’ directly from Uber inviting you to link your personal account with ECU’s business account. To start the process please click on ‘Get Started’.
- Please note:
- In order to have access to the ECU business account you MUST first have a personal Uber account.
- Each time you take a trip using ECU’s business account, you will need to enter a ‘reason for travel’, this should include a TAS Number (if available/applicable).
Following the successful implementation of Uber for Business, an additional service is available to Schools / Centres called 'Uber Central'. 'Uber Central' allows nominated ECU Operators to request, manage and pay for Uber rides for clients, guests, students etc.
Benefits of Uber Central
- Operators can request a ride for anyone so the traveller doesn’t have to have the Uber App or be an Uber user.
- Rides are requested through a central dashboard via the internet.
- All rides are charged to the 'ECU Uber for Business Account', so no need to provide credit card details or collect receipts.
- When trips are expensed through the 'ECU Uber for Business Account', the account admin of the ECU business account will be able to see the date, time, location’s, fare price and product data linked to the trip.
How Do I Request ‘Operator' Access to Uber Central?
- All requests for 'Operator' access are to be made via the 'Request for Access to Uber Central Form' in the FBSC Forms Kiosk with approval to be provided by the relevant Line Manager.
- Once 'Operator' access has been provided, you will receive an 'account verification email' directly from Uber inviting you to login via http://central.uber.com/.
- Please note: For authentication of an Uber Central account, Operators MUST have a personal Uber account AND access to a mobile phone.
Please refer to the following documents for more information.
Please direct any Uber related queries to Tammy McGlade, Finance and Business Services Centre.