Strategic planning involves a systematic process of identifying a vision and direction for the future and translating the vision into broadly defined goals or objectives with a sequence of steps to achieve them. Although this is seen as the responsibility of senior leaders, all leaders need to be involved in strategic planning within their area of influence.
Thinking like a leader (52m)
Develop your strategic leadership by studying and making insightful connections between your company, your market and your customer.
- Company savvy
- Market savvy
- Customer savvy
Strategic planning foundations (1h 26m)
Learn how to conduct an effective strategic planning process that results in a clear, compelling strategic plan for your team or organisation.
- Before you begin planning
- Defining the strategic environment
- Setting your strategic direction
- Determining how you’ll compete
- Evaluating and prioritising opportunities
- Assessing your initiative portfolio
- Organising for success
ECU Professional Development Courses