Providing clarity, setting goals, supporting and giving feedback to your staff will enable them to deliver the outcomes required by your team which will feed into the achievement of the University’s strategic objectives.
Setting team and employee goals (1h 9m)
Setting goals is key to getting the best performance from your team. Learn how to set employee goals to drive the behaviour you want, establish business priorities, and help your employees focus on the right things.
- Understanding goal setting
- Create SMART Goals
- Set appropriate goals
- Implement goals
- Challenges to goal setting
Performance review foundations (2h 20m)
Learn how to gather performance feedback, write reviews, and deliver them effectively, while making performance review conversations part of your management year round.
- Overview of performance management
- Setting goals with employees
- Gathering feedback on performance
- Writing the review
- Delivering the review
- Taking next steps
Leading productive one-on-one meetings (25m)
Discover how to set up and run effective one-on-one meetings
- Having a one-on-one meeting
- Setting up a one-on-one
- Running a one-on-one
- After the one-on-one meeting
Delegating tasks to your team (50m)
Explore how delegating helps your team build experience while meeting business goals and introduces a four-phase model to delegate tasks and projects large and small.
- Why delegate
- Phase 1: Evaluate
- Phase 2: Handover
- Phase 3: Support
- Phase 4: Debrief
Managing employee performance problems (1h 53m)
Discover successful, repeatable scripts to use when employee difficulties arise.
- Understanding employee performance problems
- Employees with productivity problems
- Employees with negative attitudes and behaviours
- Employees with strong emotions
- Employees with large egos
- Employees with social issues
- Making lasting team changes
ECU Professional Development Courses
- There are no further resources provided at this stage