Student ID and Access cards
All students are issued with a University ID card when you enrol as a student with us and will stay with you throughout your time at ECU.
Your Student ID card has multiple uses and serves as:
- your photo identification as an ECU student
- your borrowing card for ECU campus libraries and multimedia resources
- your print credit card for printing and photocopying
- if you choose, your Transperth SmartRider travel concession card
You will also need to show your Student ID card during or after University hours and at exams to verify your enrolment.
For information about afterhours access, see our after hours access cards web page.
How do I get a student card?
New and replacement student cards can be obtained from Multimedia Resources on each campus during library opening hours.
The first card is free, however replacement cards cost $10 unless:
- the card has been stolen and you can provide a police report number;
- you've changed your name; or
- you've changed to a new course that requires a different format of card.
If you lose your card
If you have the SmartRider card, report it to Transperth as lost so your remaining balance is kept safe. Your card will then be hot listed and it cannot be re-enabled. You will need to pay for a new card from the e-Lab counters and contact Transperth to transfer the old balance to the new card.