Student Email Service
Monday, 15 February 2010
The University has transitioned student email accounts to Microsoft's Live@edu service. As a result, all ECU students will now have:
- A mailbox capacity of up to 10GB
- The ability to handle email attachments of up to 20MB
- Email access via
- Most popular web browsers such as Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari and Chrome
- Microsoft Office Outlook or Outlook Express
- Microsoft Entourage for Mac
- A POP or IMAP client
- A Web-enabled mobile phone
- Online file storage space of up to 25 GB through Windows Live SkyDrive
- Collaboration tools available through Office Live Workspace
- Share content via Windows Live Groups and Spaces
Your email address will change from email@example.com to firstname.lastname@example.org. The Live@edu service will be accessible through the Student Portal.
Any email messages sent to your old mailbox will be redirected to your new mailbox automatically.
The email messages in your existing mailbox will be progressively copied to your new mailbox. We expect the email messages from all student accounts to be transferred by 29 January 2010.
The content of your old mailbox will be visible to you until 31 March 2010, at which point that service will be switched off. If you wish to transfer your contacts to the new service, please refer to the list of frequently asked questions.
When you access your new mailbox for the first time, you will be asked to:
- Set your language: English (Australia)
- Set your time Time Zone: (GMT +08:00) Perth
- You will then be directed to your settings page for your mailbox, where, after making any desired changes, you can access your mailbox content by selecting the "My Mail" option, located at the top-right of the screen
A list of frequently asked questions is available for further assistance.
We feel confident that you will appreciate the improved functionality provided by the Live@edu service and take pride in bringing it to you.
Student Services Centre
Chief Information Officer
IT Services Centre
Phone: 6304 6000