Best Practice recognition for Edith Cowan University
Friday, 27 May 2011
In releasing the Audit Results – Annual Assurance Audits, the Auditor General of Western Australia has recognised ECU as an institute of best practice.
ECU is one of just two universities and two state training providers (TAFEs) that demonstrated best practice in managing their financial reporting and controls for 2010.
To achieve this prestigious bench mark, ECU had to ensure the following criteria were met:
- clear opinions on ECU’s financial statements, controls and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs);
- good quality financial statements and KPIs, supported by reliable working papers and submitted f
- audit within the agreed timeframe;
- management resolution of accounting standards and presentation issues in a timely manner;
- key staff available during the audit process; and
- assessment of the number and significance of controls deficiencies raised in management letters.
The complete Audit Results Report, including the Annual Assurance Audits completed since 1 November 2010 and the Opinion on a Ministerial Notification, can be downloaded from the Office of the Auditor General website at www.audit.wa.gov.au