There are four functional teams within the Centre.
Planning and Equity
The Planning and Equity Unit is responsible for advising on the strategic positioning of the University and supporting the University’s integrated planning framework. It achieves this by:
- providing well-informed advice on the positioning and development of ECU for its future success and sustainability;
- ensuring engagement and equity are integrated into strategic developments;
- preparing submissions to government and other external bodies to influence the higher education policy environment;
- preparing submissions for funding to support initiatives and developments; and
- supporting and promoting planning and performance monitoring arrangements.
The Quality Unit provides leadership and strategic advice in the planning for, and management of quality matters within the University by:
- providing timely policy and strategic advice on all issues affecting the management of quality activities of the University;
- researching and analysing emerging trends, issues and implications for the development of policy and/or operational decisions;
- creating a positive environment with a culture that values quality practices and processes; and
- facilitating the annual reviews of faculties and centres, school reviews, research centre reviews (in collaboration with the Office of Research and Innovation) and offshore partner reviews (in collaboration with ECU-International).
The Survey Services Unit is responsible for the administration and reporting of the core University surveys, and oversight of the ECU survey policy. The core University surveys include:
- Unit and Teaching Evaluation Instrument (UTEI) - students' perceptions of their units of study and the effectiveness of teaching;
- The Australian Graduate Survey, encompassing the Graduate Destination Survey (GDS), Course Experience Questionnaire (CEQ), and Postgraduate Research Experience Questionnaire (PREQ);
- Staff Satisfaction Survey;
- Student Services and Facilities Evaluation (SSAFE);
- Mid-course Evaluation Questionnaire;
- In-Progress Postgraduate Student Experience Questionnaire; and
- Australian University Student Survey of Engagement (AUSSE).
In addition, the Survey Services Unit:
- oversees the survey policy, to reduce over-surveying of students and staff, and to ensure surveys are managed appropriately, as well as providing advice on survey design, processes, scheduling, and data interpretation;
- provides a multiple choice exam marking service to academic staff; and
- provides ad –hoc survey design, management, data collection and reporting for non-core surveys and projects.
EngagementThe Engagement Unit was created in April 2012 and is responsible for providing strategic and operational support for the achievement of the University's engagement priorities. The Unit also supports outreach activities and projects with community stakeholders and partners as well as coordinating and overseeing all of ECU's engagement activities.
To do this the Unit:
- provides guidance and support with emerging engagement activities;
- seeks to define engagement activities and develop a clear concise pathway for reporting and driving the engagement priorities; and
- seeks to embed engagement into ECU's operations.