There are four teams within the Centre.
Planning and Equity
Planning and Equity Unit is responsible for advising on the strategic
positioning of the University, and supporting the University’s planning framework
and performance indicator framework. The Unit:
- provides well-informed advice to the Senior Leadership Team and Council on the positioning and development of ECU for its future success and sustainability;
- provides high-level advice on key equity issues and trends;
- prepares reports and acquittals to government agencies and the WA Parliament to meet the University’s statutory reporting obligations;
- prepares submissions to governments and other external bodies to influence the higher education policy environment;
- prepares funding submissions to support ECU’s initiatives and developments; and
- supports and promotes ECU’s planning and performance monitoring arrangements.
Quality and Academic Governance
Quality and Academic Governance provides leadership and strategic advice in the planning for, and management of quality matters within the University by:
- providing timely policy and strategic advice on all issues affecting the management of quality activities of the University;
- researching and analysing emerging trends, issues and implications for the development of policy and/or operational decisions;
- creating a positive environment with a culture that values quality practices and processes; and
- facilitating the annual reviews of faculties and centres, school reviews, research centre reviews (in collaboration with the Office of Research and Innovation) and offshore partner reviews (in collaboration with ECU-International).
The Survey Services Unit is responsible for the administration and reporting of the core University surveys, and oversight of the ECU survey policy. The core University surveys include:
- Unit and Teaching Evaluation Instrument (UTEI) - students' perceptions of their units of study and the effectiveness of teaching;
- The Australian Graduate Survey, encompassing the Graduate Destination Survey (GDS), Course Experience Questionnaire (CEQ), and Postgraduate Research Experience Questionnaire (PREQ);
- Staff Satisfaction Survey;
- Student Services and Facilities Evaluation (SSAFE);
- Mid-course Evaluation Questionnaire;
- In-Progress Postgraduate Student Experience Questionnaire; and
- Australian University Student Survey of Engagement (AUSSE).
In addition, the Survey Services Unit:
- oversees the survey policy, to reduce over-surveying of students and staff, and to ensure surveys are managed appropriately, as well as providing advice on survey design, processes, scheduling, and data interpretation;
- provides a multiple choice exam marking service to academic staff; and
- provides ad –hoc survey design, management, data collection and reporting for non-core surveys and projects.
The Engagement Unit is responsible for providing strategic and operational support for the achievement of the University's engagement priorities. The Unit also supports outreach activities and projects with community stakeholders and partners as well as coordinating and overseeing all of ECU's engagement activities.
To do this the Unit:
- provides guidance and support with emerging engagement activities;
- seeks to define engagement activities and develop a clear concise pathway for reporting and driving the engagement priorities; and
- seeks to embed engagement into ECU's operations.