Overview page templates
Overview pages are destination pages highlighting key content elements within various section of our Internet and Intranet sites. As such these pages are governed by a strict set of rules regarding the use and placement in the structure of the website and the the placement of content elements within the page.
Overview page types
- Level 1: These pages are available on all all top level sections of the Internet and Intranet sites. They are used to highlight the key pieces of information for a given section and are applied by default to all top level web pages. These pages are also configured to not display the heading 2 page title which is 'Overview'.
- Level 2: These pages are created by exemption for second level web pages. These are pages that sit one level below the Level 1 overview page. Level 2 overview pages are not usually encouraged as information on this level should be specific to its topic and would usually be better presented using one of the standard page templates. These pages are configured to display a 'heading 2'.
Exemptions for Level 2 overview pages must be signed off by the Web Business Manager.
Requesting a landing page
Consider the content presentation examples shown within this section before speaking to your Account Assistant.
Please note that overview pages can only be implemented by an Account Assistant or the Web Business Team
- Content elements - These can be used to introduce a section of the website with a short blurb followed by a number of links.
- Full width banner - These can be used in place of introduction paragraphs.
- Half width banner - These can be used with a short introduction paragraph.
- Level 1 - Overview page - For use on top level sections of the Internet and Intranet sites
- Level 2 - Overview page - These pages are created by exemption for second level web pages