Top of page
Global Site Navigation

Information Technology Services

Local Section Navigation
You are here:
ECU is currently converting this web content to a more mobile friendly format. If you find the content below is not formatting correctly during this transition please view on desktop browser.
Main Content


You have access to a range of printers and multi-function devices on campus to suit your varying needs. This includes black and white printing, colour printing, scanning and secured printing.

How do I connect to a printer?

If you move desks or get a new computer, you’ll need to connect to a printer. Staff can connect and print to the majority of printers on campus. If you need help doing this, have a look at the downloadable guides.

A few printers on campus are restricted to particular groups or areas, especially when used to print sensitive information.
Access to a restricted printer, can be requested via the IT Services Kiosk form, Staff Accounts.
The request will be sent to your manager for approval. Once approved, your request will be processed by the IT Service Centre. 

Printer user guides

How do I request a new printer?

To decide which printer suits your needs, look at the printer range:

You can then contact Ricoh, our preferred supplier, to confirm your requirements and to place your order:Geoff Macpherson
Digital Solutions Consultant
Telephone: (61 8) 9347 0406
Mobile: 0418 928 282

When your printer is delivered, contact the IT Service Centre to arrange for installation.

Purchasing and disposing of toner cartridges

Staples is ECU's preferred supplier for toner cartridges and they have a program in place to ensure that all toner cartridges are recycled.

Recycling boxes specifically for toner cartridges are available in various locations. Used cartridges from SHARP or RICOH copiers re also accepted; these particular cartridges will be separated out for return to Abacus and Ricoh Australia at no additional cost. Once the box is full, the contact for the location in which the box is located will arrange for the box will arrange for it to be collected and replaced with a new recycling box.

For more information regarding the location of recycling locations for toner cartridges and their contacts please refer to Used Toner Collection Box Locations.

For more information regarding our preferred suppliers please see the Finance and Business Services strategic procurement pages.

What to do if your printer isn’t working

You can contact the IT Service Desk if something is wrong with your printer.

Support and advice

If you would like more information or wish to lodge a request or report an incident, please see our 'Support and Advice' page.

Skip to top of page