ECU is committed to rewarding academic staff for sustained high achievement in the three areas of academic work that support and align with the University's strategic priorities:
- Learning and teaching;
- Research and creativity; and
- Academic leadership and service.
Academic promotions fall into four categories:
- Promotion to Lecturer (Level B)
- Promotion to Senior Lecturer (Level C)
- Promotion to Associate Professor (Level D)
- Promotion to Professor (Level E)
Ready for promotion?
The first step in deciding whether you're ready for promotion is a discussion with your line manager. Ideally this will occur as part of your performance planning and review discussions, where you set your goals for the year(s) ahead and review your achievements for the past year (see Managing your Performance).
If you're considering an academic promotion, download the relevant guidelines for the level you are applying.
- Academic Staff Promotions Guidelines Levels B C and D (PDF File, 350.3 KB)
- Academic Staff Promotion Guidelines Level E (PDF File, 219.5 KB)
- Academic Promotion Application Form Guidelines (PDF File, 125.5 KB)
Submit your application
Use the online promotion system to apply and submit your application for the following levels:
Tip: Prepare your application 'offline' before uploading onto the system.
- Professorial Appointment Committee Composition (PDF File, 55.7 KB)
- University Promotions Advisory Committee Composition (PDF File, 92.0 KB)
- Faculty Promotions Advisory Committee Composition (PDF File, 78.6 KB)