Enterprise Information Management
ECU began development of the enterprise information management system in 2008. It was recognised that the University faced several challenges in relation to information management:
- multiple silos of information;
- duplicated and redundant environments;
- inconsistent data sources;
- inefficient management and use of data; and
- lack of formal data management governance.
These challenges were seen to give rise to opportunities to establish:
- a common reporting and information hub;
- a single enterprise-wide data repository;
- a support structure that will support the key information users; and
- a well-defined Data Management Framework.
To address these challenges and opportunities, the University commenced a project to develop and implement an enterprise information management (EIM) system.
The EIM system currently provides coverage of the following data streams:
The roadmap for the EIM system includes the following additional data streams:
- Analytics and Benchmarking
Manager, Business Performance & Analytics
Telephone: (61 8) 6304 2231