Environmental Management System (EMS)
We have an Environmental Management System (EMS) in place to manage the impacts of our business on the environment. The EMS is in accordance with International standards under AS/NZS 14001.
The following forms the EMS framework.
This policy sets the strategic scope of Edith Cowan University’s commitment to environmental sustainability in the appropriate management of the organisation and its operations, the engagement of students and staff in principles and applications of sustainability and the engagement of and collaboration with the broader community. Our commitment towards environmental sustainability is driven by the following policies, committees and documents;
Management System Manual
The Facilities and Services Centre is committed to the implementation, maintenance and continuous improvement of an integrated management system that meets the requirements of international and national recognised standards AS/NZS ISO 9001:2008, AS/NZS ISO 14001:2004 and AS/NZS 4801:2001.
The EMS follows the integrated management systems components; Plan, Do, Check and Act,
- 2013 EMS Objectives, Targets and Actions
- Aspects and Impacts Register
- Environmental Aspects and Impacts Work Instruction
- Legal and Other Requirements
- Environmental Objectives and Targets Procedure
Biodiversity - Improvement Programs
- Environment Improvement Program - Biodiversity
- Onshore Envioronmental - Flora and Vegetation Survey SW Campus 2007
- ENV Australia - Fauna Study SW Campus 2008
- ECU Fire Management Plan 2006-2010 South West Campus
- Black Cockatoo Study of the South West Campus - 2010
- 2013 Flora and Vegetation Assessment ECU Bunbury
Transport - Improvement Programs
Water - Improvement Programs
- Environmental Improvement Program - Water Consumption and Discharge
- ECU Water Efficiency Management Plan - Joondalup
- ECU Water Efficiency Management Plan - Mt Lawley
Waste and Recycling - Improvement Programs
Energy and Greenhouse - Improvement Programs
- Monitoring and Reporting for Environmental Performance (18.104.22.168)
- Environmental Performance Report 2008
- ACU sustainability Report 2009
Our customers views and opinions are important in helping us improve the services we offer. If you have feedback about a service or a suggestion let us know by completing a Service Feedback Form available under "See Also" on this page.