Cleaning, waste and recycling
ECU’s metropolitan campuses are cleaned by contractors. The South West campus employs in-house cleaning staff.
Most campus cleaning is carried out before 8:00am each day. However, the contractor also provides day cleaning staff to cater for areas of the campus that are subject to heavy usage.
Requests for cleaning should be channeled through the Campus Support Office on each campus.
Waste and recycling
Different types of waste are produced across ECU operations, including:
- General waste (food scraps and items that cannot be recycled)
- Co-mingled recyclables (plastic, glass, aluminium, cartons)
- Paper and cardboard (magazines, newspapers, office paper)
- Recyclable hazardous waste (batteries, mobile phones, fluorescent lights)
- E-waste (computers, printers, keyboards cables)
- Toner cartridges
- Green waste
- Construction and demolition waste
Specially marked bins are located around each campus to cater for recycling or waste disposal.
Visit our Waste and recycling page for more information under See Also.
Functions and events
Waste bins required for events or functions on campus are organised by the Campus Support Office on each campus.
Our customers’ views and opinions help us to improve the services we offer. If you have feedback or want to make a suggestion, complete the Services Feedback form available under See Also.